ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Working on my CHTS problem last night, and came across this unconnected sensor(?) connector. Where does it lead?

Also, which sensor is this? It's between the first and second FIs on the driver's side--the wire was pretty hard and snapped off when I was moving another wire harness out of the way.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Can you not physically follow the wiring to see where it goes? I can't tell what it is from that pic.

I think that 2nd one is the 212degree switch for something, I can't remember if it's the AC fan or something else.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I just went out in my garage and checked my 84 n/a 5sp. That connector behind the intake isn't there. I'm pretty sure the second one is the temperature sensor for the dash gauge? I have an 86 turbo with an automatic stored in my dad's garage. I'm going over there later and can check it out.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Maximum, I just looked at my 86 turbo. It has the plug but isn't connected to anything. So I wouldn't worry about it. As for the second picture I have no friggin' idea. Neither of my cars has that sensor. Both have the same type bolt plugging the hole.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Red.....I knew it had been identified before, but couldn't find the reference in my search. I'll replace it next week. And thanks for the info on the 1st plug.....it was starting to worry me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.