ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today i am going to be handing over the keys to my 84 n/a z to my roommate. After over 3 years it going to be hard, but im glad i will still get to see it. To replace it i bought a 2002 miata special edition, nice car but i will miss the z, it just would have cost me too much money to make it drive like a "new" car, and thats what i wanted for now, but something tells me ill be back... hehe

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
goodluck. enjoy the miata.

·
Registered
657 Posts
you could have gotten a real nice z32 for the money you probably spent on the miata. but thats you preference.. im not knocking it. The miata is a really fun car...... I personally dont like small cars. Have fun

·
Registered
724 Posts
Hate to see you get rid of the Z but....there comes a time when you have to do what's best for you. Believe me, I understand.
Back in 71 when I returned from Southeast Asia, I bought a 69 AMX with a 390 engine and a Hurst shifter set-up. The only thing this sweet little two-seater wouldn't pass was a gas station but, back in those days you didn't worry that much about the price of gas.
In early 73, I got the itch for a 71 Challenger that I just had to have soooo......I sold the AMX to a guy stationed at the same Air Force base I was at in Michigan. A month later, I went to the beach to wax my Challenger when I saw my old AMX........buried to the axles in the sand of the Lake Huron beach. It made me sick and at the same time really pissed me off. Like EastBay300ZX says (paraphrase) nobody can take care of the car like you did.
Fast forward to 1986 and I'm now stationed at a base in Arkansas. I was on patrol one evening just before dark and I drove by the base auto hobby shop where you can work on your vehicle(s) for little or no money and they provide the tools. What did I see........yup......a 69 AMX, same color as the one I owned, sitting in one of the bays. My curiosity got the better of me and I pulled into the parking lot. I checked the car out and it was in pristine condition and like brand new. I then looked at the VIN and to my surprize....it was my old AMX. How did I know? Because I'll never forget that the last five numbers in the VIN were the same as the last five numbers in my social security number. I then asked the owner where he found the AMX. He said he bought it from some shmuck at a base in Michigan that had let the car completely go. He purchased it in 74, a year after I left the base.
Good luck with the Miata

Special Ops Lives

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.