ZCar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a long-time (39 years) owner of a 1978 Black Pearl -- which I finally sold last February after a long satisfying relationship -- I am interested in getting into a discussion with folks who have converted their S30s to diesel powerplants. I am particularly interested in the I-6 diesel from the Maxima, but would certainly look at 4-cylinder conversions as well.
I've seen a few here and there at shows. Most were done on a shoestring budget and could have used some considerable help in sorting.
I have taken on some automotive writing gigs, and would be most interested in doing some on diesel conversions in the S30. (Maybe some on other cars, but later.) Most can be done by email, unless you are in the Pacific Northwest.
If you have or know of such a conversion, please get in touch with me.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
you could try locating an LD28 which is the diesel version of the L28. it came on the Gloria, Cedric, Laurel, the G910 Maxima and some of the C210 skyline cars. Though not a conversion, a complete power plant may be a better option, if you can locate one.

Bon

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am only interested in doing a write-up on an I-6 diesel conversion to an S30, if someone else has done such a thing.
Not looking to do one myself. I'm doing my last special interest car, after which I won't be doing any more.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
I am only interested in doing a write-up on an I-6 diesel conversion to an S30, if someone else has done such a thing.
Not looking to do one myself. I'm doing my last special interest car, after which I won't be doing any more.

ah. I gotcha. well good luck on your project. you might have better luck finding an answer over on hybridz.com if you haven't been there already.

Cheers,

Bon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts