ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 88 300ZX. About a week ago my Security light on my dash started blinking and I can't get it to turn off. It eventually runs my battery down. Does anyone have any Ideas. Thanks for any help !!

·
Registered
958 Posts
Locking your door should turn it off. But a door open would do it also... Let me think about this one for a while. I had to mess with the security system alot cuz it would keep my car from starting.

Out of curiosity, how long does it take for the security light to run down your battery? Wouldnt that take Days and days?

·
Registered
373 Posts
I had to take the fuse out of mine because one of the wires from the drivers door to the computer was bad. Also caused me to go postal and murder bitchin Betty but I got another voice box for her when I finally get the problem fixed.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I have the same problem. It would take about a day to run down the battery. I think mine is due to my hood though because that looks like it doesn't fit properly. Oh well, just another thing to fix LOL.

·
Registered
458 Posts
i dont see how such a little light could run down your battery in a day. Just pull the fuse.

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
you should have tried this before posting.

closing the doors, hood, and trunk should cause the light to go out.

locking the doors, then closing them and the trunk and hood should cause the light to stay lit.

if any hood, door, or trunk is open (or the switch is not closed), the light will flash.

and yes. if the battery dies after only a day of the light flashing, there is definately another problem.

·
Registered
53 Posts
i would bet that something else is running your battery down, unless its an old crap battery. that security light would have to blink for about 6 months in order to kill a good battery. get a test light and see if your battery has a draw.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.