ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to give the interior of me 80 Z a facelift. Rather than just reapolstering my stock seats or getting aftermarket racing seats. Has anyone put seats in from different cars and if so? If I'm going to change I was thinking something more adjustable with inflatable lumbar support. Maybe even power and heat. Any ideas thought or places to look.

Thnaks!

CJ

·
Registered
571 Posts
Could you tell us what year and if it's have a 2+2.
What is the color inside as well.

You can get just about any seat in their with a few braclets made from stock metal and a hole drilled into it.
Some seats will be limited in going all the way back of forward.

Madeline
Hollywood

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Check the archives, lots of talk about this the last few months. I've seen people put in Miata, Acura, Camero, and some others. Not sure which seat is almost an exact fit, but most likely you will have to add some brackets, or holes.

Josh

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
Corbeau, Recaro, Spearco — the sky's the limit if you really want to go crazy on cool seats. The sky in this case will cost you about $1,000 for two. All aftermarket seats are same size, but use (optional, you gotta pay even more) brackets custom tailored to the particular car. Other options include seat heaters, inflatable lumbar, leather, belly button lint checkers, etc. By the way, the seats in 1980 didn't come with lumbar? My '82 ZX had a mechanically adjusted lumbar support.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.