ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 240 has great vinyl but the cushions are shot, and the drivers side back is bent, so my back doesn't sit straight against it. I met a uphoulstry guy while at the body shop and he quoted me $80-$90 per seat. Seems kind of pricey, considering I paid $200 for the seats in the first place. Anyone out there had their seats redone, and how much?
Thanks
Anthony

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<b>RE: Seat repair costs</b>

Anthony wrote:
-------------------------------
My 240 has great vinyl but the cushions are shot, and the drivers side back is bent, so my back doesn't sit straight against it. I met a uphoulstry guy while at the body shop and he quoted me $80-$90 per seat. Seems kind of pricey, considering I paid $200 for the seats in the first place. Anyone out there had their seats redone, and how much?

$80-90 per seat is cheap! Do you know how much work is involved taking the seats apart and just replacing/reupholstering the vinyl covers?(which he has to do just to get at the foam) And restretching the new covers back on to the seat? The seat bottoms are easy--the seat backs are a bitch!

It s a tough job....and takes time.

I would have GLADLY paid $200 bucks labor to have my seats redone last year.

However---if your backs are good--the seat bottoms are relatively(compared to the backs) easy to do--you could do it yourself---as long as you don't rip the vinyl taking it apart.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
At twice the price he quoted you it is still cheap. Make sure that it is not just an estimate for the parts and not labor. This is very labor intensive job. I have done several reupholstory "projects" for my wife and family and I can tell you whatever they charge you is not enough.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<b>Ditto pay the money!</b>

I recovered my seats and replaced the cushion myself. What a JOB!!!!!! I would not think twice about paying someone 80 per seat to do it. That is the best price I have ever found. Please tell me that this guy is located in central Ca.
Zya Travis 77z

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.