Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hiya all,

Yesterday I went to the junkyards and was looking for various parts and also looking for the Crx Seats i found a very nice pair in one junkyard but they guy said 500 dollar for the pair(for a 89 pair! F--- that!), obviously that guy has been sniffing too many fumes or something, well at another junk yard while I was looking at the cars I found a rx-7 with nice stock seats that looked to be in pretty good condition, so my question to you guys is you think they will fit? and is this a good idea?
Also if any of you guys have done other conversions please let me know(Oh yah please not like expensive aftermarket ones I can't afford those now, ones that i can get for around 100 or less at a junkyard or somewhere else
TIA
yuichi

·
Registered
403 Posts
RE: <Seat conversions> Will a Rx7(1st gen) f

500 bucks? **** I paid 50 for a set of 91 crx seats in great shape. Had to pull all 4 whopping bolts myself on each seat to get em. Took me about 5 min/seat so lets see 450 bucks for labor times 6 because it took 1/6th of an hour comes out to 2700 bucks an hour for labor. Dang I wish I got paid like that.

Here's one for you. Found some 83zx halfshafts in a junkyard (CV joint type) they were in **** shape as I was just gonna buy em for cores, but when the dude asked what car they were for they suddenly were worth 35 bucks each. Go figure. I told him for that price he could stick one up his ass sideways and like it. Needless to say I probably won't be using that yard anymore. (by my choice not because they booted me or anything)

·
Registered
117 Posts
RE: <Seat conversions> Will a Rx7(1st gen) f

You can make almost any "sports" type vehicle seat fit your Z. Good donors are CRX, Prelude, Mitsubishi Starion (killer seat)-Gt3000-Stealth, RX7, Mustang, VW, Supra, Jeeps!, Firebird/Camaro, etc. You may have to make some adaptors to get the seat rails to line up with your floor pan bolt holes but it aint rocket science.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.