ZCar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of seat belts with the "Z" in the buckle (US-Version) which I would like to fit to my European Z.
Unfortunately I dont know where and how they are fixed. Does anybody can send me some pics of fitted belts in a car?
Thanks - Daniel
[email protected]

·
Registered
19 Posts
Being a Euro version it may not have the U.S. belt anchor points... But, I would think it has them.... If it has them, they will be obvious, just behind the seat and door jamb area...with a small hollow for the reel assy and a large nut welded into the floor structure...The shoulder belt attaches up near the quarter window, above and just forward of the rear strut tower....
Also..What year are your belts? the early belts ('70) didn't have reels and the shoulder belt was detachable at the buckle....later 240Z belts have a reel only on the bottom, while 260/280s have a shoulder reel as well...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Eze240
Do you have any pics that show how it looks?
I need to come back:

I tried to find out today how to fix the retractor of the safety belt, but I can not find the right place. Im a right that it shoudl be fixed to the floor behind the seats?
Is it possible the body panels are different to european models?
Please send me pics of your cars with the retractor mounted.

Thanks - Daniel

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
Daniel, your cars does not have the pockets that the retractor reel mounts in. (The pockets were the perfect place to weld my roll cage in.) The 2 allen bolts in the picture are where the reel bolts to the uni-body. Sorry. DSC01975.JPG DSC01976.JPG

1 - 6 of 6 Posts