ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as recently posted my car came into some bad luck.

and is going into short term storage (aka a month or 2)

now the carbs were stolen off the engine, and a friend suggested i sealthat up so it doesn't rust... good idea. he said wd40 sprayed inside, and duct tape over the holes, is this the best way? are there alternatives?

anyway just wondering, thanks

·
Registered
347 Posts
Ebola,
If you got it in a closed garage you should be fine just duct taping the opennings. If you think that thats not enough I wouldn't use wd40. Just use some engine oil on a Q-tip and rub it over ur valve stems. Ur head and pistons are all aluminum so no rust worries and the block isn't aluminum but got old oil coating. WD40 is a penetrating oil and it doesn't mix well with engine oil. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I agree that a month or two of storage doesn't really require extensive measures, but here is a tip for planning long term storage- go to a marine shop and pick up a can of "fogging oil". It's designed for spraying into marine engines that are going to be stored for the winter. It creates a very fine mist that distributes well through a spark plug hole, and should give no oil compatability issues (although I would always change the oil after any extended period of inoperation).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.