ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i work for a parts store and we get all of our engine parts from Sealed power.. i have some good prices here and was wondering if anyones had experiences with their oversize pistons.. seals..valves..and rings..i am going to build a zx street/race motor and need to do it cheap! thanks alot

·
Registered
492 Posts
Re: Sealed Power Engine Rebuild Parts.. experience

I've heard of them, but have no personal experience with their products.

What are you thinking about doing? There are a few different pistons that I'd like to get my hands on...

Check out this link:
http://www.zhome.com/ZCMnL/tech/128combo.html

The KA24 flat top piston with a 34MM pin height would be a great piston for a 3.1 stroker motor... (The pistons in my 3.1 have a 4.00cc dish)

The Z24 pistons would make interesting turbo stroker pistons...

Now that I've done my stroker with 89mm pistons, I believe that a 90mm piston is doable (3.2 liters) which is something I'd like to try in the future...

Regards,
Ken Jones NJ Z Club

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

well ken considering you and i are in the same zclub (njzclub) we should be able to get our isht together and figure somehting out.. i dont know ka24 ..z24 etc.. i need to look up the pistons in a book under the year and model and engine code.. ie.82 nissan L28 2753cc.. or L28T etc..so if you give me the make model and year i can look them up easily.. if you want you can give me a call tonight.. 9148793543.. not too late please.. im going to go with 1mm overbore flat tops simple and plain..i saw .50mm over and .75mm over also... theres also larger size pistons for the L28Turbo too.. all with rings , theres various size rod bearings and main bearings ig the crank was ground or not.. not sure if anyone does that to an internal balanced japanese crank but they sell the bearings..i checked bryan littles site and sealed power were good in his opinion.. if im getting this stuff so cheap maybe i should consider a stroker... its just that **** cranks 250 bucks everywhere i see it...z ya later

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

what the **** was that? i went to that page .. i dont understand alot of that stuff.. i gotta do some more research.. help me out ken

·
Registered
492 Posts
ah yes all those combinations

I can't call ya tonight, but maybe tomorrow we can figure out a time... I'm sure I can help you figure out the right combination for what you're trying to do.

You're right the LD28 crank usually costs around $250 bucks... There's some pro's and cons to it.. A properly built high compression L28 is certainly the easiest and there's lots of things that can be done to make it scream.

Let's talk via the telephone tomorrow... If you're available I'll let ya drive my 3.1 stroker with SU's on it... So far several members have taken it for a drive and have been pretty impressed... I love seeing the look on their face! <grin>

Regards
Ken

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.