Dramatically improve the performance of your cars lighting
system by upgrading your antiquated sealed beams with a composite
lighting system. Installation is as easy as replacing a sealed beam
and takes under 10 minutes for most vehicles. Once installed you
can choose from ION-BLUE, ION-GOLD, Philips Bluevision,
Philips Alleather, or High Output Clear #H4 capsules
Prices start at $69.95/pair with bulbs. Send email with year,
make, and model of your vehicle to aut[email protected]
for a quote or visit http://www.autooptiks.com for more information.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Dereck, does this guy pay you for advertisments?

I don't pay much attention to his ad since they are not legal where I am, But I was just wondering if you are getting payed for it.

·
Premium Member
40,971 Posts
RE: Dereck, does this guy pay you for advertisment

I don't know where you are located 75 Sizzler, but Halogen headlights are indeed legal in all fifty states now, AS LONG AS YOU ARE USING A D.O.T. HOUSINGS AND HB-2 BULBS. Most Hella lights are what is referred to as E-Spec, or European code. The E-code lights are better with the light dispersion, but NOT street-legal. The D.O.T. housings are available from Motorsport Auto in Orange, and are the Autopal Brand (Hella Knockoffs). The new Narva Xenon HB-2 bulbs are MUCH brighter (equivalent to 80/100W conventional quartz-halogen tugnsten bulbs) and totally LEGAL. Look at the new Toyota Camry: Here in the USA, the Camry uses HB-2 (9003) bulbs, in Canada, they use the same housings, but Spec H-4's (same bulb, but HB-2 bulbs are limited to 65/55W, H-4's can be reall flamethrowers 130/165W!!!) For practical purposes, as long as the lens has "D.O.T" on it, the coppers won't bother you, as you have to disassemble the light to determine if the bulb is also legal.
I run tugnsten-filament H-4's with 80/100W in a D.O.T. housing, and the CHP leaves me alone. One officer even said: "Those are the brightest damned LEGAL headlights I've ever seen, where'd you get them?"

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tony, I don't think so but,

My neighbors kid put them on his Honda and was pulled over and given a warning to remove them. I have not read any laws regarding this subject. It could be possible that the cops were just hassleing him, But I would think that they would have better things to do than spend time in court on a thing like this. By the way I live in Idaho.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.