ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, now i think im a believer(sp?) anyways today i found 10 bucks lying on the floor, so I decided to do something productive with it...I started looking on ZCAR, until i came up with the seafoam thingy thing, so curious, I decided to try it. Let me tell u at first i was a bit scared of putting that thing in my Z, but as soon as i did, saw that huge cloud of multicolor smoke and almost took a sh*t in my pants, I was amazed at the result which this lil juice gave me.... I got better throttle response, a bit more mpg's, and smoother idle.. i know maybe u just wasted ur time reading this, but it did help improving the perfo. on my 250,000 mile Z and i jus wanted to tell that to the people who want to try this...

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no actually i had 10 gallons on gas and since i have to take the highway to skool, i actually got a lil more miles with the 10 gallons of gas now im empty though : ( Btw i did that the seafoam thing yesterday(which i had no gas), got 10 galons of gas today and drove it today

Post Edited (Sep 22, 6:35pm)

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LoL^ that's what im doing but i got to visit the folks (eat, get money and stuff) but yeah thanks

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
I've done it. The smoke makes for an incredible conversation starter with the neighbors :) I didn't notice any real beneficial effects but my car has always been kept in very good shape...engine-wise anyway.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
I don't think it's flammable. I used it the way I was told by a guy on a domestic car board I used to read. I let half a can or so get sucked up through the brake booster vac hose until the engine stalled (kept it running as long as possible), then let it sit for a few and took it for a drive. Lots of smoke. Out the tail pipe ;) Put a little in the oil and then changed after driving a few miles. People used to do the same thing using water instead of Seafoam.
If I remember right, when I was a teenager we used bleach for really badass burnouts.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Yup. Bleach for burning the tires. I've been told back in the 40-50's guys would thin the oil out in their cars with kerosene. Drive a couple of miles and warm the engine up. Then do an oil change. It was suppose to loosen up all junk in the engine.

·
Registered
632 Posts
ive heard stories form my dad bout kerosene. he had a 48 ford and would always fill er up w/ kerosene then when the smoke would start, drain it out and fill it up w/ oil. said it was the cleanest engine after that

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.