ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im curious if anybody has tried this....is it worth a crap? its the stuff that you put in ur pcv hose...i think u put some in the oil and in the gas too but im not sure i havent even looked at it some guy just told me to get some....on a side note, i do not want that dude messin with my car hes the type guy who knows just enough to destroy something and leave u w/ the bill...yea, so is this stuff any good?

·
Registered
853 Posts
search....

i dont think ive read anything negative about it on this site. ive used it, didnt notice a difference, but i only put it in my tank

·
Registered
304 Posts
i have heard of it, the people i work with at a auto shop swear by it but I have NEVER used it myself. when ever i do a fuel systems cleaning i always use the vaccuum line that runs from the brake booster. its normally the easiest to get to and put back. i have never heard about puting it in the oil or in the gas taken but in a vac line yes. when you put it in a vac line it is supposed to break up the carbon build up left in the intake by the burning of excess gas after the car has been shut off when the exhaust valve is closed. it makes for a pretty good show but i am unsure of effectiveness.

zelotic

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I'm from the forum just above you guys and clicked the wrong one on accident but saw this post. In any case, I've used it in both my 280zx and my 94 accord. It can be used in your intake, your gas tank, or in with your oil. It seems to me most people who are experienced with it fall into two categories: It's good and it's too good. People who say it's too good say it knocks too much garbage loose in your engine and you don't necessarily want it floating around in there. If you do decide to use it, make sure you follow the directions and you should be fine, and if you add it to your oil, I'd suggest changing the oil fairly shortly thereafter as in theory you could end up with really dirty oil after using it.

If you want to read some amusing stories about it pop into the 70 to 83 section and do a search for seafoam and 'shuttle' (though that's mostly when used in the intake).

Another good use I've found for it is cleaning parts. It blows any other engine cleaner I've ever seen away for getting off grease and sludge.

Hope this post helps.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
The 90-96 guys swear by it. I like it personally. In fact I got a bottle of the stuff in my room right now.

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
I like it!

I used it and it made my car run STONGER! You can also add about three tablespoons of it to each plug hole and then... the next day...put large towels over the cylinder banks...and CRANK YOUR ENGINE!! All that piston crown CRAP will blow out into the towel. It can also "unglue" your rings, if they're all sticking to their pistons.

·
Registered
12,935 Posts
it made it run stronger because it contains naptha and xylene, both used in octane booster. its a temporary effect as it dissapates. adding it to your oil just makes it destroy the lubrication property of the oil by contaminating it. intake? if it was atomized it might help something, but just allowing fluid to run through your intake will not remove any varnish or "buildup", having it get into the cylinder is just going to foul the combustion.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.