Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<http://atlantaracing.tripod.com/280zmods/SDSturbo.html>

This map was used on a stock L28ET engine, stock turbo, 440cc/min injectors, stock fuel pressure regulator, spearco intercooler with a fuel only SDS system. Running it at 14PSI boost on pump gas, no detonation and it runs sweet. Of course you may have to tweak this for your setup but posted this in case anyone needs a base fuel map for a turbo using an SDS system.

Post Edited (Oct 11, 9:25pm)

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
THANKS A MILL STEVE....

You have saved me alot of time, I'm sure. I got the 2 bar MAP installed and told the ECU to run on it. Fired the car up on the 460cc injectors and 4 out of the 6 were not fireing (Not much of a fireup). I did the usual checks to find that they have been sitting on the shelf dry for too long. Tossed those in the sonic cleaner and grabbed 4 more. All are firing now. Adjust the map in the 1000 and below range to fire her up and Wham-O... She fires up and idles.. I put in a few more figures up to right about 2500rpm just to give me a little something to rev with. I watched the LM1 closely and she's sounding sweet. Tomorrow I will punch in the map you post and see what i have. I know i will have to bump it around a little but if you running it on a stock L28ET, it should be close...

Post Edited (Oct 11, 8:22pm)

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
i want a n/a fuel map for haltech with 10:1 compression!!!

·
Super Moderator
41,005 Posts
he he he...

I could fire up mine on something and extract the settings for a N/A...

But that would require reinstalling the SDS...

Check to see if Andrei still has his N/A 3.1 MAP recorded anywhere.

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
for haltech? would it matter that i have that 74mm tb/custom intake plenum and 3.7 liter supercharged grand prix injectors? who is andrei?

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Injector size does matter.

I think Palnet said his are 460cc/min, mine are 440cc/min, that's pretty close to the same, ~ 5% different. You'll need to know what cc/min or pounds an hour those are GP injectors are and what fuel pressure they are running etc to know if you can use someone else's map. If the camshaft is different or timed different, that changes things as well.

BTW what kind of "custom plenum" intake do you have, got any pictures? Or is it a "ported throat" N42 intake? The map between my posted N42 and the sunbelt intake aren't even close to the same. Had to add 20% more fuel from 4500 up with the sunbelt intake! :)

The best you can hope for with someone else's map is a starting point. I used a fuel map on the SDS site for a turbocharged toyo 22R as a starting point and tweaked it from there.

And Palnet, I'd SERIOUSLY recomend turning the boost down to stock levels for the initial drive and setup. That way if it's lean, you won't hurt anything. I started this car out with the timing fairly low and the boost at 7 PSI and worked up to 14 PSI with what I consider some pretty agressive timing settings and never heard any detonation.

You need to get the WOT fuel curve set first with the RPM fuel settings and then dial in the map sensor fuel setting/correction -off of- that. In other words get a 7PSI fuel curve set with the RPM fuel numbers and then DON'T TOUCH IT, get the other map sensor fuel corections done with the map fuel settings. Later you can go back and tweak the RPM fuel if you need to. As you can see, once the engine starts making power, the RPM fuel numbers don't change much.

It's much more complex to explain than it is to do. At least using SDS, I worked on a car with an Accel gen 6 system and it was a nightmare! With the windows based systems, the software makes or breaks the system IMHO. The only ones I've seen that look good are the newest haltech ones, the rest I've worked with are glorified accel "calmap" type setups with fancy window dressing. Still user hostile from a tuning standpoint.

·
Registered
4,324 Posts

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bummer he left the stock runners in place, -they- are the problem with making high RPM power. It does look pretty cool though.

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Have you driven it yet? This fuel map should be close enough to take it for a spin! :)

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
One other thing, don't even attempt to set the fuel map reving the car in neutral looking at a WB O2 readout. SDS explains why no load setting doesn't work.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.