ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Occasionaly when I drive the right rear wheel makes a hissing/scratching noise. I think its from caliper correct? If i need a new one should i upgrade it/ the others? Its an 85 NA.

On another note sometimes when i brake and turn my wheel it makes a really loud high pitch noise....rare though. Whats the cause of that.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
yep, no matter what the problem is, you're going to have to take the wheel off and inspect what's going on. The wheel should turn freely while your car is jacked up in the air. If that doesn't happen, it's one of a couple things: wheel bearing, or a sticky caliper. Remove the caliper to see if that's the problem. If it's the bearing it's easy to replace. Otherwise you're going to have to either take apart your caliper and lube it up which might fix your problem, or you could buy a new one.

But, most likely it's just the pads as 1sikZ said. Check your rotors for warpage, and replace both sides while your at it if that is the case.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Also sounds like your caster alignment is out, is anything on your tyres wearing? like feathering on the inside.outside edge of the tyre?

Could lead to anything if so, most likely a control arm, bent strut, tierod...

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I definately need new pads...ill jack it up and check calipers.

What about the power steering screeching while breaking?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.