ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided to put my motorsport big throat throttlebody on the turbo engine going into my 83. The BT Throttlebody inside diameter is 2.5", outside diameter 2.75". The inlet & outlet of the Starion intercooler I'll be installing is 1.75" I'm pretty sure. I was planning on running 2" piping & have the mandrel bends ordered. I'm wanting to know if I should run 2.25" or 2.5" piping instead of 2". The injectors are higher flow injectors than stock, & the turbo is a stock turbo.
Need some input-
Thanks!
Doug Nordin
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
2 inch is good. 2.5 is too big. Isn't the Starion bigger than 1.75? The stock turbo is going to limit you more than the size of the intercooler piping.
greg
71 240z

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<b>RE: Scottie (or anyone)- intercooler piping siz

Run 2" from turbo to I/C, and 2 1/4" from I/C to TB... Pressure drop theory thing.

Rcr X

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Another Quuestion

Do you guy's think it would be worth shortening the piping off of the one side of the intercooler that is about a foot or more long?
Thanks,
Doug

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
RE: Another Quuestion

Doug Nordin wrote:
-------------------------------
Do you guy's think it would be worth shortening the piping off of the one side of the intercooler that is about a foot or more long?
Thanks,
Doug

Not really. You can cut it and run a little more of the bigger size. Shouldn't have that much effect on such a short piece of straight pipe.
greg
71 240z

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.