ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 76 280Z from a guy that had a chevy 327/4 speed setup put in with the scarab conversion kit. He let the body fall apart but not to despair I bought a 75 280Z that will be the recipient of the chevy setup. Has anyone had any experience with doing this same task? A problem I am running into is the clutch fork. The clip is some what damaged and I don't know if it is a specially made item or a GM part. Any tips or advice will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
548 Posts
www.jagsthatrun.com
They have a good manuel that shows you what you need to do.

Bill

I purchased a 76 280Z from a guy that had a
> chevy 327/4 speed setup put in with the
> scarab conversion kit. He let the body fall
> apart but not to despair I bought a 75 280Z
> that will be the recipient of the chevy
> setup. Has anyone had any experience with
> doing this same task? A problem I am running
> into is the clutch fork. The clip is some
> what damaged and I don't know if it is a
> specially made item or a GM part. Any tips
> or advice will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
56 Posts
>Joe, You don't mention how the clutch slave is situated,or what sort of bellhousing is used. On the one I've built (using the basics from JTR)I used a Lakewood scattershield. A stock Chevy clutch fork (which is relatively straight) has - ZERO clearance on the drivers footwell. I found that an OEM '63 Corvette clutch fork is perfect. It even has the hole at the outboard end for the clutch adjusting rod at the slave to pass through. Unfortunately the ORIGINALS are $85 and must be ordered from a reconditioning specialty house. I bought mine from Colorado Springs Corvette Center. You might also try Beville's (a corvette wrecking center) in Lawton,OK. Chevy dealers sell a more recent unit which has a clevis at the outboard end and would require additional clever fabrication on your part, they can't get the older ones according to Team Chevy in the Springs. ps. Definitely buy the JagsThatRun conversion manual. It may well save you considerable grief in the long run. mikey

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.