ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although most of you know by now, scammers are running rampant these days, in particular with auto sales. I just added my '79 280ZX for sale here on Zcar.com, and less than a day later, I received two scam emails. One was obviously automated, the other is done individually by some guy claiming to be in Greece. The automated one claimed to be Samuel Johnson (and appears to be automated) and the other is Papicolous Scandious. Both of them first only ask for your full name, address, and phone number, without negotiating price, or caring about a contract or shipping details. Then they reply stating that they have found a buyer (or they are interested themselves) and will send you a check (or cheque/draft/money order) in excess of your purchase price, and then once you receive the check you are to wire the excess back to them for their commission, etc. The check/money order/draft will be fraudulent and they'll take your money that you wired them. I know this has been all over the news, online, and even the Zcar.com classifieds puts up a link to a story warning sellers and buyers of this scam.

But I just wanted to notify everyone that they are watching the Zcar.com web site. Its obvious since it took less than 24 hours for two of them to already have responded to my ad (which is the only ad that I have posted thus far).

Stay diligent and be careful.

Z ya,
Eric

·
Registered
281 Posts
Douche Bags

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.