ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
no...not my rear...my cars rear.....i have a 79 280zx that belongs to my brother...i drive it alot since my car isnt ready to drive...anyways...the rear in his z sags alot...is there anything i can do to fix this??..when we bought this car we found a receipt in the glove box from a shop that had 2 new rear springs on it...looks like the rear springs were replaced...are there any other cars..besides another 280zx that i can get springs from to stiffen up the rear and get it to stock ride height???..any help is appreciated..thanks jim

·
Registered
596 Posts
This is a common problem on the ZX. My '79 sagged the entire time I had it.. It was almost part of it's character - dipping on acceleration.. But, as for the fix.. I installed Eibach progressive rate springs and Tokico struts all the way around ..(replaced all bushings w/ poly, new tie rod ends, etc..).. and the '83 is solid as a rock! A good new set of struts/springs will cure what ail's ya!

Later!
~Scott'83ZX

·
Registered
92 Posts
For more advise,
beware of some racing springs because they too will lower your ride in the rear causing serios scrapping..

G

·
0 Posts
Jim,

When you say sagging do you mean all the time? If the car was parked, would the rear end sit lower than the front end. If that is the case then yes, you probably should replace the springs. I would replace them with stock unless you are going to replace all four. Having two high performance springs in the rear and two stock springs in the front is going to make for some unusual and undesirable handling characteristics.

If it is just dipping when you accelerate you might want to first go with a new set of shocks. I have an 83T and it dipped a lot when I would start out or under hard acceleration. I installed a set of gas charged KYB shocks and that ended it ever since. I could not get the rear end to squat under normal driving conditions. Hope this helps. Good luck. John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.