ZCar Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm looking to install a wiring harness into the doors of my 71 S30 240Z and would like to see what has worked for others in this forum. I look forward to hearing back from anyone who has had success with routing their wiring between the door and the jamb. Where did they drill the holes and what route did they use for the wiring. I am looking to add power windows and locks but no speakers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello, I'm looking to install a wiring harness into the doors of my 71 S30 240Z and would like to see what has worked for others in this forum. I look forward to hearing back from anyone who has had success with routing their wiring between the door and the jamb. Where did they drill the holes and what route did they use for the wiring. I am looking to add power windows and locks but no speakers.
I'm doing a ground up restoration of my '72 Z and I looked into this a little bit but I didn't think there was enough room in the doors for the motors. I had originally intended on using the flexible accordion rubber pieces like I have in my 911 doors to run the wiring from the frame into the door. I'm also adding a third brake light and I found a perfect fit to be a unit out of a 944 or a 928. I bought a new 928 3rd light assembly and it will work brilliantly. If you can provide a URL for a motor assembly kit or parts that might work I'll look at the possibility again. I can also find the part number for the accordion tubing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts