ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm taking out the injectors and one of the plaxtic caps on the injector tip is cracked and a small plastic peice the size of 1/2 my pinky finger nail fell into the intake manifold from the injector hole. Please somebody tell me it will burn up or some other trick to get it out, I'm not looking forward to take intake off.

· Registered
150 Posts
I had that happen to me on two injectors on my 82 when I was replacing injectors. Both times, I just left it alone, and I never had a problem. I wouldn't worry about it.
-andrew
73 240z
82 zx

· Registered
1,153 Posts
It probably won't burn up.

If you think it has made it to your cylinder, you can try removing the plug, and fishing it out with some tape on the end of a wire. Or by blowing compressed air into the injector opening with the intake valve in the open position and the spark plug removed. This should blast out any debris in your intake tract.

If you think it is just in the intake runner of your manifold or head, you can pull your manifold off.

If the piece is small, you could just "run it" and blow it out. Thats up to you. I don't think a small piece of plastic is going to damage your engine. If it does get stuck, you should know pretty quick. Your course would be clear then.

· Registered
600 Posts
Had the same thing happen to me. Couldn't get it out. Car still runs. Lucky I guess. Of course you could take off your valve cover, overtighten your rockers so both intake and exhaust are open, remove AFM and boot, duct tape a plastic soda bottle to your tailpipe so you can use an air hose at about 500 psi and blow it out, but I just spit ballin'.

· Registered
24 Posts
Try a household vacuum attachment hose taped to a small hose and see if you can suck it out. I used this trick on a friends dad's Jag after he dropped the top off a spark plug in the cylinder, worked pretty good.

· Registered
4,552 Posts
How about..

turn crank until piston is at TDC and pull the spark plug and hold a vacuum up to the hole and then blow compressed air into the injector hole?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.