ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at another Z today that was for sale and I saw It had 2 spots of rust in the back left. one about an inch in diameter and the other about 1/2 an inch. How much would it cost to take care of those small bits of rust do yall think?

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
come on man is this really a queation!!!! you seriously think someone is going to answer "how much is it to fix rust!!!

just so you know rust doesn't start on the outside it starts on the inside and then makes its way out to the paint, just because it's a 1" doesn't mean it's not a foot deep inder there.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
It's definetly eleventy-billion times worse than you think.

Get an ice pick and start chipping away at it, you'll discover a pile of red "gold".

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well see. I have no idea how rust starts in cars. I'm sure some1 knows how to fix rust. I've actually heard of people cutting out a section on a car, and then cutting out the same piece on a similar car then welding it on or gluing it on or something. I dunno, it was a guide on how to paint cars I think.

I'm also sure some1 knows a general idea to get a bit a rust fixed as well. I've seen ppl who have gotten estimates on ebay, I just don't remember what it was and for how much. I was just asking. I figured that it most certaintly couldn't hurt to ask, but apperently it can.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Body shop will charge around 120-240 per panel that needs fixed (rust area or dents) and that includes repaint.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.