ZCar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I am in the middle of doing a complete restoration that include some major rust repair on a Lime 73 240 I bought a couple of years ago as a roller project in South Jersey. I recently had it dipped to remove the paint, rust and bondo and the car is now about 100lbs lighter. ;) I've done Mustangs and VW's before, but this is my first Z so I have lots of questions, but I 'll start off with one:

I have the pass. side outer dog leg and the outer rocker removed which exposed the "inner dog leg" which I'm pointing to. I'm guessing this inner part once extended down and was spot welded in the same seam as the inner and outer rockers? I'm planning to make a repair to that inner part as well as the inner rocker. Does anyone have a picture of what this corner is supposed to look like? Thanks!

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive lighting

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dave, thank you for posting the pictures! I have a couple of questions...Is that "S" shaped piece the back end of the outer rocker? Was the wedge-shaped opening cut out or like that from the factory?

·
Super Moderator
8 / 71 240Z, HLS30-40031, L24-052899, Sunshine Yellow
236 Posts
I think the wedge-shaped opening was like that from the factory.
The "S" shaped piece is the back end of the outer rocker contour after I cut the rusty part away.
It wasn’t welded at the back so I tacked it in a few places.
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bumper Rectangle Automotive exterior
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Fender Aircraft

1 - 5 of 5 Posts