ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just discovered rust-corrosion just above my tension holes, on the front tire side out, above where the rail joins the body. Boy, am I depressed. Should I have this cleaned and weld repaired immediately?

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Are you referring to......

> I've just discovered rust-corrosion just
> above my tension holes, on the front tire
> side out, above where the rail joins the
> body. Boy, am I depressed. Should I have
> this cleaned and weld repaired immediately?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.......the holes in the front clip where the front ends of the tension control rods fit into, and bolt up to?

If so, then here's my $0.02......

The tension control rods are an important part of the front suspension, as they affect steering, handling, safety, and comfort. The tension control rods basically provide vertical stability for the lower control arms, during the up/down movement of the lower control arms.

You don't say how big in diameter the rust holes are, or how far away they are from the tension control arm mounting holes. Bigger holes closer to the tension control rod=uh oh, better weld 'em up sooner than later. Smaller holes farther away from tension control rod=gotta get that done before I forget.

In general, then.......it's probably a good idea to get the holes welded up sooner than later.

Later,
Sammy in CT

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.