ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes I don't have 5 minutes to sit and wait for my 240 to warm up, so I run the car slowly with the choke out to get up to speed. I don't do anything like let the choke all the way out and run the car flat out, or do it often. I do it very conservatively. Is this dangerous?

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
I sure hope it won't hurt anything. I do it all the time. You might want to check and make sure your thermostat is correct or not malfunctioning. My car warms up a **** of a lot faster since I replaced the thermostat.

·
Registered
567 Posts
it doesnt do anything bad to the engine. It just makes it run rich which is not bad, only for the plugs, and only if it runs rich constantly. I usually close the choke to where it just keeps from stalling and then go.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Choke 101 : the choke is included in the operating of the engine for the simple reason 1. so that the engine will run and keep running untill it warms up . 2. I f you drive the car before it is properly warmed you can damage the engine. 3. the engine can be damaged because the oil is cold and thicker and will not lube. the bearrings as well as when the engine is operating at the proper temp. 4. If you keep the RPM in the lower range untill the temp . has risen and the engine then runs properly with out the choke deployed then you are good to go. There is no problem driving the car before it is at normal temp but just keep the RPMs down. All of this is most important at this time of year. Lets all keep these beautiful classics on the road and enjoy . All the best to you all , Portland Ore.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.