Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am almost at my wits' end....

85ZXT....Ran codes, but nothing came up (other than A/C and speedo code). Car runs rough, and takes it a bit to start up. It used to start right up, but seems to have gotten worse over the last year or so. New parts:
Dist cap and rotor
Plug wires
Plugs (ngk)
CHTS and harness
TPS
Auxiliary Air Valve

It has an O2 sensor, but it is unplugged as it is the wrong sensor for the car. To me, it feels like it is running on less than 6 cylinders. I tried the whole "remove plug wire at a time", but the car still run the same. If you kill a working cylinder, the car will run worse, right? I am just losing hope with this car.... What are signs of a bad ignition coil or crank angle sensor?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
sounds just like a bad mass airflow sensor. maf's are weird, they wont always throw a code. hard to start and that running out of gas symptom are a good indicator of a bad maf. if it were a bad coil or cas it probably wouldnt start at all.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I agree, It could be the MAF; however, I would first replace the O2 sensor; which will probably not completey solve your immediate problem: but, fuel injection is dependent on the A/F mixture which is dependent on the O2 sensor. Without the proper feed back from the O2 sensor, your car will never obtain the proper injector pulses for all driving conditions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.