ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this car just won't run have changed air flow meters and checked most electrical components including injectors wich seem to be ok. the carloads up and shuts down. when you first start it it will rev to 3 or 4 k rpm but blows blue and black smoke badly. any suggestionswould be apprecieted.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
<b>RE: running rich</b>

check that your fuel pressure regulator isn't leaking fuel through the vacc hose into your manifold

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My 76 was like that when I got it too. The problems in mine were corroision in the fuel tank, plugged injectors, bad sensors and corroded connections.

What I did is remove the tank, have it boiled out at a radiator shop and epoxy coated, replaced all for sensors in the thremostat housing, replaced the connectors on the sensors, injectors and cold start valve (forgot the air regulator), cleaned the connectors that did not get replace, took the throttle position switch apart and cleaned the contacts, ended up replacing the injectors (another story). This and standard tune up stuff and it runs pretty good now. So the fix is to take time and be methodical, cleaning what can be, replacing what should be.

Hope this Helps!

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I borrowed my wife's emery board and cut it down to fit and just took the time to get the contacts brite and shiny, flushed with contact cleaner...also used dielectric grease to keep from oxidizing again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.