ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help guys. I have 85 na 300zx with a fuel or electrical snafu that has become progressively worse . The car would occasionally cut out at no particular
rpm or gear and then pick backup. It has now gotten to the point I can't keep running long enough to check the codes. The fuel pump seems fine . I changed the fuel filter and checked vacuum lines. I've had differing opinions as to whether the fuel pressure regulator would do this . Whlle the engine is running it purrs like a cat but just seems to run out of fuel . hope you can help

PS There is fuel in the tank

·
Registered
30 Posts
Could be the air flow meter. I had asimilar problem with my 89. I've heard these car (and others) will run with the AFMs unpluged. Try that and see if it works. KKing

·
Registered
373 Posts
I had the same thing go wrong with my 84 non turbo it ended up being the computer was bad I replaced mine with one from the junkyard for 100.00 and it runs just fine the problem i was having was it would run from about 40 to 45 seconds and shut down like it was getting no gas sound familiar? try the computer thing .

Oh a computer from a 90 300 zx will work but only if it has no turbo like yours .post back if that works

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.