ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, this is the second guy yesterday in conversation that has told me that Nissan is buying up these old Z's those past the 20 year mark, going through them and redoing the whole thing certifying them and reselling them as classic......

this is the second guy and these are not jerk offs these guys have some knowledge...but I have heard nothing on it. and the Dealerships down here on the East coast of FL don't even want to order parts for me yet alone buy it for any price....I tried to talk the guy into putting it on his lot next to the new 350 as a sales promo....old new type thing....guy has no imagination and limited marketing obviously.....

so anyone here of this move by the company...??//
bob
tokico shocks
[email protected]ct air/greddy turbo timer/velox racing rims/
still crusin after all these years...LOL

·
Registered
662 Posts
Well I'm not too sure about whats going on in the US but a buddy of mine told me that they have an 'old shape' (which means s30/s130 to him) on display in Nissan West London (Shepperton)... Apparently it's been fully restored and is not for sale. I haven't had a chance to go over there yet but I will at the weekend.
I know the parts guy there so I'll get some info.

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Welcome to about 5 years ago. Nissan did this with the 240z's only. They bought up a few thousand of old 240z's, redid them, sold them for 25-30k. This was a one time thing and has been over for years. As of a couple years ago you could still find a Nissan dealer with one on the lot for about 25k.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
they dont want to order parts for you? sounds like you need a new dealer.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea I could use one....the one on merritt island got a woman that keeps telling me to go to a junk yard or sell it cause its too hard to get parts.

the one in Melbourne, got a guy I wasnt even talking to about a part...and puts his two cents in about get rid of it....I told to butt out and mind his own buisness ...then I went to the guy who owns it and told him what an azzzzzz he has back there, and I wont buy any parts from him....

As for the rumor...well My understanding is that they were doing it because of the 50th anniversary of nissan....and the 84 turbo is the last time they put Datsun on the car. Oh well another hope and wish washed down the potty.......thanks
bob

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
cool navbob where are you on the east coast, i got my z from a condo owner on melbourne beach (it's a red 260, you might have seen it sitin there.......i belive it was there for a year or so)..... if you come into town on 192 and take a right where it dead ends (by Wende's) you go down like .5 miles and its on the left....if i rember right its called dancing sea

do you by chance drive a yellow first gen?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Well i imagine if this had any validity it is because the 84's are about to be classics.

·
Registered
548 Posts
When you wish upon a star! And all those beany babies your mom has in her closet are worth tens of thousands of dollars.

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
Actually, the number was not in the thousands. If I remember right, they only actually sold about 30 or 40 before they killed off the program. Leaving some cars partially restored.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im in Melbourne, bought mine from the original owner who bought it for his wife in 84 paid about 20k for it.....mine is a Aztec Red with black skirts and black hood scoop.....He had it repainted at Piper with Emron paint and a heavy clear coat...pretty nice job.... so I have the original paperwork All she did was drive around town smoking and going to burger king for coke and coffee...had to gut the whole tub and redo it.....took me two cans of smoke out to get rid of her smell....

The last 260 I saw was an Orange one on Ellis road, and then a couple on sarno rd.... I had a old fella over on satellite beach who wanted me to do his AC unit...He had a 280 kinda bronze and gold 2+2 I took one look at the engine compartment and told him I wouldnt even drive it till he fixed the leaky gas line and the brakes OH chit what a leaky brake system....

this thing look mint out side but inside...nope not me.
bob

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
I think the fact that parts are rarer for our Z's is a good thing, It stops the average ricer buying them. Here in Australia there's maybe 5 z31s in my whole state, and they'll all beat up and worn out. Makes my beast all that more special...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.