ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know where to get cheap rubber seals for a 71 240z? i'm talking about replacing the whole lot, window seals, door seals, bumper rubber, etc.....

i did some quick math and worked out the getting it from victoria british was going to cost over $1400!!!!! just a little more than i wanted to spend (about $1000 more then i wanted too really)

also a while ago someone posted here about the rubber weather seal for the outside of the door windows... VB wants $140 for the pair.... did anyone find them cheaper?

i'm not trying to do my car up cheaply but i find spending that much a little too much on bits of rubber...

thanx for any help given
Yam

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there are cheap dor seal for sale by more than one out fit
DON'T use them
vb has oem type seals
anything else was unsat
pay once
by good stuff

·
Registered
403 Posts
I seem to recall someone saying you can use isuzu impulse seals if you trim them a few inches shorter. I believe they also said these are the newer style that are pretty thick so they seal well

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I remeber the post about the isuzu impulse. This was a 1995 Isuzu Impulse. They said you can get it at a junk yard and it cost them $11.00. My next visit to the junkyard i had planned to check it out.
Dodie

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
couldn't find cheap door/window seals . . .

I tried finding a supplier of just the rubber part of the chrome door/window seal, but no one yet makes just the replacement rubber. If they did, all you'd have to do was undo the little staples holding it on the chrome trim. Could be made and sold for a profit for less than $20 bucks if you ask me. I kinda bit the bullet on this, as I asked for and got the factory replacement trim for Christmas.

As for all of the exterior rubber (bumper trim, etc.) - good luck finding a cheap source on those too.

Alex

also a while ago someone posted here about the rubber weather seal for the outside of the door windows... VB wants $140 for the pair.... did anyone find them cheaper?

i'm not trying to do my car up cheaply but i find spending that much a little too much on bits of rubber...

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RE: couldn't find cheap door/window left side

Do you know some one in Milwaukee, Wi
to Repair or service 4 speed transmission.
I have A 5 speed but I dont know if should
put it in or repair the 4 speed. I have A 70 240z.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.