ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed my oil yesterday and switched from mobil 1 to Royal Purple and **** if it didnt feel like i a bit more HP and torque.

The car seemed really happy.

Anybody have similar experiences with royal purple, or is it in my head and the stuff is crap.(I'm sure i'll get both views.)

Jason

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
they changed all the fluids on one of those spike TV car shows....they put royal purple in an LS1 and picked up like 8 rwhp....they showed teh graphs...but they prob more thanlikely are fudging just to get people to buy expensive oil.

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
yeah 8rwhp might be true if the oil they had in it was old and hadn't been changed in years. ha!

·
Registered
10,805 Posts
Actually that wasntr a bogus TV show, that was pretty much the truth. Also Royal purple isnt that expensive its about $5.99 a quart for there regular synthetic. Though I will say its not the best oil out there Amzoil is probably the best oil there is but its about $8.99 to $9.99 a quart and for that you can buy Royal Purples racing formula oils.

·
Registered
6,566 Posts
I like royal purple because the oil is actually purple, and that is cool...

Well anyways I'm running it for the first 1000 miles to clear stuff outta the motor, I've heard good things about it. Funny you mentioned that thing about spike TV's test, because the clerk who sold me the oil brought up the exact same thing when he saw that it was royal purple.

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
saw on cardomain they had an add for royal purple and it had that same thing. watch HP TV gain etc. power...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.