ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the old nissan dealership today and rocker arms are $40 apiece plus tax. Im starting to not like these L-series motors too much...parts for them are made of gold, or so nissan thinks. The comp cams forged chromeoly full roller rockers for my 351 cleveland are only $30 apeice, and these are very high end rocker arms. Does anyone out there sell rocker arms for L-24's other than Nissan? (for less than $40 apeice?)

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Re: ROCKER ARMS $40!?!? WTF?!

Motorsports is cheaper... same thing too. 1-800-633-6331
part number 10-5171 $14.04 each

·
Registered
5,935 Posts

I heard that the motorsports rockers aren't as good as Nissan. I have only used Nissan rockers so I don't really know I'm just passing on my hearsay that I've gathered from this site!

Yeah 351Z these engines are expensive, especially for the hp they produce with mods. If you look at the mileage or engine life though they are cheap, like most other things out there you pay up front or you pay down the road.

good luck
Matt

·
Registered
588 Posts

I used Nissan rockers as well. They are just too important to skimp on and take a chance. I got a deal on a set with my cam and springs from a Z-mechanic who had this stuff laying around. Call around maybe someone will be willing to get rid of some parts for a quick buck. Did you check the parts for sale on this site?

Something else I always wondered. Can the old followers be polished and reused?
Everyone mentions they scar to match the cam, and you can't use them on a different cam, but why not machine polish them like new, that's what the factory does with the rough castings in the first place, right? Some guy could make some real money going to a junk yard and pulling as many as he can for a penny a piece and sell'em for ten bucks each after a little machine work.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts

MSA rocker are nissan OEM. Well least the that I got. even came in the Nissan box

·
Registered
539 Posts

They can be polished by some machine shops. I had it done on a cylinder head I rebuilt one time. The machine shop does this partly out of convenience when tearing down a head for machine work. If they polish the rockers there is no chance of them being matched with the wrong cam lobe.

Kyle

·
Registered
645 Posts
$12 a piece...

...or so it says on my build sheet from my engine rebuilder guy. i'll check his source. my engine was built with nissan, arp, je, isky and crane components so i don't think he cheaped out on the rocker arms, at least he better not have...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.