ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... What do you think guy's? Turn out OK?

<table border="1" width="427">
<tr>
<td>
<div align="center"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Taking
the VR to Knott's - April 1999
</font></div>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>
</td>
</tr>
</table>

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hot!!!

Steve,

Great job!! I have visited your website and VR Engineering because I have a 78 also that I have not done the body or paint. I like the full forward tilting bonnet. Must make access for servicing / cleaning very easy. Obviously you took your car to the right paint and body man. You should be proud!!

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Another batch of photos on the way

I have more images that I am scanning in today sometime. Including shots of the custom dash and interior. JUST WAIT till you see these! YEOW!

I only spent the last 1-1/2 years working on her. So can I gloat a little?

Steve G

·
Registered
66 Posts
Your car turned out excellent. Look forward to seeing it in person soon. Keep your paint guys number handy, I may need it. Again, outstanding job!

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<b>Looking Good.... Sharp as a Razor</b>

And Fast as a Laser....

Great Looking Car!!!!!!!

Down Simba....

Dennis

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
RE: Another batch of photos on the way

Steve,
I can relate. I have spent three years geting my car to the state it is in.... It is a long slow process that definately requires patience. I had custom exhaust run on my 383 stroked car today and it ran me $650, but ti was fully custom and flaged in three sections so they can be removed when you need to acces diferent ends of the car.... That included 2.5 inch duals, 3 chamber flow masters and SS tips..... Now my 383 will sound right and it looks excellent! My tuner just saw the car for the 1st time since I ditche the inline 6 and did the conversion and he was floored at what I turned out in my home garage..... Amazing what we can do, 'ey? Brag all you want...You earned it!

Mike Kelly

·
Registered
804 Posts
Very sweet ride Steve!

I look forward to seeing the interior shots you mention. I am still considering some body mods myself. I think I better get a garage first before I go tearing down the thing in the apartment parking lot. I can see it now. Parts every where in boxes. Car up on jacks totally stripped. I don't think the tenants would mind me taking up 3 covered parking spots for lets say 1 year :). Again, great job Steve!

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
<b>1 1/2 years!!! how did you do it so fast?</b>

Steve great looking car...how did you manage to do that in as little as a 1 1/2 years? You must not work 40 hours a week -it took me a year just to get the body ready for paint, not including how long it too me to get the interior finished...ugh that took forever. What is your seceret? Great looking VR!
Zya Travis 77z

·
Registered
715 Posts
That should have been the batmobile!!

I always thought the big batmobile was kinda gross. Steve, that car is just amazing. Congratulations on you sucess. I hope you dont take that thing to the grocery store, carts are literally **** on wheels!!

Congrats- Evan

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's my daily driver!

I drive it 10 miles to work and home every day. What's cool is I can do it out in the desert. Unfortunately the road is straight, but it is nice to get it up over 100 every morning and every evening. For those of you Arizonans wondering, I go up Scottsdale rd to Pinnacle Peak Rd and then down Cave Creek Rd. Only 1 light the entire way! and hardly any traffic, even during rush hours. Yeah baby!

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
<b>too awesome for words</b>

AAAARRRGGGHHH.

I must have one. What the **** is that thing? Kinda looks like that ferrari 250 kit thing but surely not? Does it have a top? More, more, more.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
RE: Visit my website for more info

Steve,
Your VR is the first Z body kit that I I like! Congrats on the sweet car. Mine is my daily driver/rolling restoration, and I get her up above 100 going to work as well, there is deffinatly something of a rush doing that just before work! I encourage all of you out there to do it just once(when you are not late)

Joe

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
RE: Visit my website for more info

Great looking,Brilliant, Hot, Cool,Bitchin,I want it, are words that come to mind. You should gloat. One question though, How long till your noggin gets back to human size after all the compliments? Well deseved I might add.
Rob,

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.