ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looking to replace my Dunlop SP 5000s with a set that's more aggressive and performance-based. Since my car is only driven 5,000 to 7,000 a year I don't care about treadwear. I want a tire that can take some hot laps without sliding all over the place while at the same time be able to handle a 1,000 mile highway trip. Got any suggestions ? Thanks

· Registered
3,207 Posts
Just a tip.......

Hi.
It always help to let everyone know with a post such as yours as to just what size WHEEL these new tires are going on. If you think I'm psychic however then I'll have a go: Try 180 tires on 12inch wheels. Not too psychic am I ????

· Registered
103 Posts
Where to get tire information

Go to www.tirerack.com for a great place to either order or compare tires. Provide either the car or the tire size and get comparisons, reviews, owner surveys, and great prices. You specify whether you are looking for performance, handling, or treadwear and information about every tire that meets your specifications will be provided.

· Registered
120 Posts
I am running 15" wheels and I am looking at the Dunlop SP8000. It is the only tire that comes in a size I need (245/50-15), but it is a top rated tire.

I would also recommend the Toyo Proxes. Some friends of mine that run BMW's use these as their daily driver tire with some track use.

I plan on about 10 track events per year and the SP8000 looks good.

Mike

· Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been over to the Tirerack site and saw lots of good stuff but then I checked there before getting my Dunlops (which are very slippery) too. I plan to put on 235X50X15 in the rear and 225X50X15 in the front. The car sits on coil-overs so I'm not too worried about clearance (width). I too have driven cars with Toyos and like them, but they are $$$...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.