ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered new rims yesterday. Should be a week to two weeks to get them. So gang in about two weeks I *should* have them. We will find out for sure if the +10mm offset versus the 0 offset works or not. We'll also get to see how this ZX stacks up against the rest of the crowd at the races on good tires..finally. $1200 worth!!

Ken

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hard to describe the syle, but they are polished with vents to get some air to the brakes. I got the 225x50x15 Yoko AVS Intermediate. I'm really tired of getting beat by first timers in M3s or Porsches 911s. I will not have them in time for this months race with the Porsche club, and probably will miss the BMW race as well.....there's always next month or SCCA or ER, but I got to get back on the track!

Ken

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Ken,
I ran most of last year on 205/225/60 AVS intermediates (my street tires). They worked pretty well, but they do make alot of noise. I also got some weird wear patterns on the outside edges (pushing too hard???, probably). I'm sure the 50's will be more stable. As you know, don't expect miracles on your first outing, try to scuff them alittle first. I think I ran 42 PSI in the fronts and 45-47 PSI in the rears, those 225/60's are pretty tall in the back. I have the first SCCA event of the season on Sunday, I'm really looking forward to it.

Russel 83ZXT

P.S. Get pictures if you can!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.