ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if Datsun ever made right-hand rearview mirrors for the 280Zs? I know the ZXs all had them and I believe I've read that they were available for the 240s. I really like the style of the original mirror on my '76, and just wondered if anyone's ever seen a 'mirror image' one for the right door. (MSA does not list one). Thanks

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
JR,

UK spec 240/260Z have them, they sure do need them. The UK didn't get the 280Z model but if you want a list of UK companies who can source 240/260Z mirrors for you let me know and I'll list you a couple in this post.

Another route is to get a classic car mag and you'll find loads of suppliers who do aftermarket chrome mirrors, if you buy the complete set, then they'll match ;-)

Seeya,

Jules

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are all you guys talking about the chrome mirrors like are on the 240s? I know you can just **** them a little and they'll fit on the right side. What I'm talking about is a black plastic mirror that came stock on the '75-'78 280Zs and is form-fitted to fit only one side. (The head doesn't adjust, the mirror inside does). There's one for sale on ebay right now that you can look at to see what I mean: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=596920165&r=0&t=0.

Also, I've always assumed the European Zs had those silly mirrors up on the fenders. I don't mean that. I want the righthand mirror that fits on the right door. Maybe Australian cars have that?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Those mirrors aren't silly. I think they look good up there. It could become a trend innew cars someday.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Sorry, they don't exist

JR,

I posted a thread about three months back about this same subject. I really like the black plastic mirror on my 78 which is the same as on your 76 but I'm afraid they never made a right side mirror and I wish they did. They never used this mirror in Australia or Europe so they never needed to make a right side. The 78 black pearl edition did have two mirrors but they were just bulky metal ones like on the next ZXs. I thought about someday finding someone to make identical mirrors out of fiberglass for both the left and right side using the stock mirror as a pattern but I've decided to eventually go with flush 83-89 Toyota Tercel mirrors. You have to fashion some sort of bracket for them but you can get them new for only $41 a piece.

Mark

·
Registered
416 Posts
Those are huge...

..but that's only my opinion. Don't rule out the Tercel mirror like below. I wanted something very low profile like the stock mirror yet modern looking and I think these fit the bill.

·
Registered
81 Posts
What IF they did exist ??

My 260 also has the plastic style of the 75-78. It is a great looking mirror ! I'd like to have a similar mirror on the passenger side. I have toyed with the idea of fabricating a right-hand version but I'd be interested in finding out just how much interest there is out there. So for you 74-78 zcar owners that may be interested in having a stock looking passenger side mirror, step up and be counted! Reply via email.

Thanks

Richard
Woodland, CA

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.