ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thats right if i have less than a half
tank of gas and make a right turn
my car sputters i tried to angle my tank
slightly suspecting the pickup it didnt help
if im going fast or slow still does it.
Tired of losing races. help me! 76 280 F/I
Normal fuel pressure,new filters,clean screens
on injectors,new vac assist pressure reg.
did i miss any thing?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
> Thats right if i have less than a half
> tank of gas and make a right turn
> my car sputters i tried to angle my tank
> slightly suspecting the pickup it didnt help
> if im going fast or slow still does it.
> Tired of losing races. help me! 76 280 F/I
> Normal fuel pressure,new filters,clean
> screens
> on injectors,new vac assist pressure reg.
> did i miss any thing?

Is it possible that you have water in your tank from bad gas?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
972 Posts
I have a '76 280Z also. Mine does it below 1/4 tank and when turning left. It's very apparent that it's fuel starvation. I've heard of other people moving the pickup to the bottom of the tank. Others put fuel tank foam in to help. Does your Low Fuel light work? Mine doesn't :(

> Thats right if i have less than a half
> tank of gas and make a right turn
> my car sputters i tried to angle my tank
> slightly suspecting the pickup it didnt help
> if im going fast or slow still does it.
> Tired of losing races. help me! 76 280 F/I
> Normal fuel pressure,new filters,clean
> screens
> on injectors,new vac assist pressure reg.
> did i miss any thing?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
382 Posts
> Is it possible that you have water in your
> tank from bad gas?

Z tanks are not baffled well, there is one small baffle in the middle of the tank and it dosn't do much. The stock pick up sits about 1 inch from the bottom. What I did was weld on a Gas Tank Sump Kit from Jeg's, or Summit. It hangs below the tank, and has a inlet, and outlet threaded openings. This keeps constant fuel for you fuel pump.
P.S. If you are thinking of doing this, bring tank to be dipped, to remove all fuel and vapers in tank before welding!!!
Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
> I have a '76 280Z also. Mine does it below
> 1/4 tank and when turning left. It's very
> apparent that it's fuel starvation. I've
> heard of other people moving the pickup to
> the bottom of the tank. Others put fuel tank
> foam in to help. Does your Low
> Fuel light work? Mine doesn't :(
No I dont have any water in the tank,But that
probably react similar.The sump idea sounds great,What about ground clearance?Cost?
And no my fuel light has never worked.How can I
fix that can`t seem to find any schematics for wiring.Thanks Jim
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top