ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a GREAT time partying last night. Enjoyed myself immensely. We need to get together more often, go for a nice drive up to the mountains possibly.

Steve G

·
Registered
66 Posts
Ditto here too. There are only a few things better than new friends, great food and talking Z's. Next time we take to the road. Maybe we will be fortunate enough to get a few more of our Phoenix z owners to join us. :>)

PS-ZCAR.COM- Drove Steve's VR and it kicks, turns heads and attracts women. Partially sexist commentary.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
YAH! I concour...but gotta change my clutch first! Steve, looking at Sat June 19 for the diff, trans and clutch swap...wanna come play??

Agree with Richard77..Steve let me and son go out :)))))
deffinently a head turner...a 3000gt almost parked in a ditch...and I do believe my son (19) is "hooked on Z"

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RE: Zebra

Sure, would appreciate your help...my first "z transplant", have done other unmentionable models before...but each has it's own little tricks :). I'm in North Phx, Bell and 19th Ave area. Thanks,
gayr

·
Registered
403 Posts

Well I'm down in ahwatukee but as long as I don't have to take I-17 it's all good hehehehe.

I've done the tranny/clutch/diff swap on the Z a few times. (probably a few times that weren't terribly pleasant in the case of the tranny/clutch)

Anyways, do you have a floor jack (because I'm bringing mine if you don't, it makes the rear end swap much much easier)

All in all it's about as difficult as anything else usually is on a Z (not very)

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Zebra wrote:
-------------------------------
Well I'm down in ahwatukee but as long as I don't have to take I-17 it's all good hehehehe.

Lets see...choice of route is yours :) I'll e-mail dierctions and such to you.

Anyways, do you have a floor jack (because I'm bringing mine if you don't, it makes the rear end swap much much easier)

Yep, have a floor jack, all four corners will be on jack stands. In a garage (pulled the trans and diff on a hot slab-yuk), thinking about renting a trans jack (any input here?), going to replace seals in diff, new throw out brg, clutch/pressure plate (probably centerforce II-really liked the feel of it in Steve's VR), are there any seals in the 83zx trans that should be replaced? Do you have a clutch alignment tool?

All in all it's about as difficult as anything else usually is on a Z (not very)

I agree, just the first time it's usually slower...the learning curve! Thanks,
gary

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
RE: Gary

Your choice of days couldn't be worse my friend. I will be on an airplane returning from a week in Orlando with my kiddies and wifey. :-( And ready for another vacation I'm sure!

If you run over into a 2nd day, I can come over on the 20th but I hope not, for your sake.

Steve G

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.