ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes... one can even smoke up while riceing. I took this one going 50 mph on a MAJOR interstate! Like whos' in a hurry dude. Im sorry for post hording latley, but I find these very humorous!

Post Edited (Mar 25, 6:01pm)

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
hah I used to have one of those cars before the Z, but mine wasnt all riced out like that. they are no joke. they handle beautifly stock for a FWD car. and they look pretty nice too.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
there are no turbo probes. not in that gen anyway. the late 80s probes had a turbo 4. the 2nd gens had a v6

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
sportsdriver
I have a buddy of mine that has a probe, he dropped a mazda motor in it and turbo charged it, the motor was built by some racing machine shop, he just dynoed that baby and it's somewhere around 670 horses, I'll get more details from him and take couple of pix for you when I see him.
he's a member in our club and seen him on the streets racing and smashing all kindza cars, including Z32's, vets and basically every type of ricer on earth :)

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
right on. you do that. andwhile you are at it please get a dynosheet on here. I have to admit that I have a hard time believing that cuz the probes engines are pretty weak.if he has 670 hp then he hasthge most powerful probe in existence. I surf probetalk.com and no one has ever claimed anything like that.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
go back and read what I wrote, I said he has a MAZDA engine in it not a ford.
and one more thing, I was wrong about the horses, I called him and it's dynoed at 620 HP not 670.
I knew it was in the 600's
I'll snap few pictures of that car for you and the engine bay, trust me dude, that is one bad a$$ freaking Probe, he took me for a spin, doesn't handel on corners worth of sh*t but **** does it have bolz
when it's full throttle I about sh*t my pans!!!!
I'll see him on this coming week.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Everything under the hood of a ford Probe is japanese designed. even its engine. the original valve cover may have said ford but the KL03 V6 is a mazda engine. the mazda engine he is probably talking about is probably the KLZE, which is the JDM V6 for the Probe/MX6 family.

Im not calling you a liar. but I really do want to see a dyno slip. you understand. dont take it teh wrong way, cuz if that dyno slip says what he is claiming then Im going to run so fast to probetalk.com with it and share. thats all. so cough it up :)

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
no man don't worry about it, I don't take anything the wrong way, I've known the guy for almost 3 years now. he didn't make anything up, he is a single guy with a great paying Job and really has no bills, he loves his probe, I can tell you that he paid 4800 bux for the racing motors shop to build him this motor, how do I know? because I drove with him to pick it up in my truck since he doesn't have a truck, and the massive intercooler and piping is all custom, trust me this guy spent a lot of money on that car, when I get you some pictures you'll understand :)
I'll ask him for his last dyno sheets.

remember "everything is possible with time and money" :)

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
great. Im genuinly interested in his car. ask him what kind of engine. definitly ask for the dyno sheets. and if hes on probetalk. what name does he use? etc.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
no problem, I'll ask him but more importantly get some photos, that car is SICK, I can truely say I would love to own that car, eventhough it has a Ford on it!!!!

·
Registered
248 Posts
I have the mazda mx-6, its the same car...best handling stock front wheel car i've been in..and its very quick for a stock car, light as **** and 180hp

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
the KL03 was rated at 164HP stock. unless youve modded it or got a KLZE I dont think its 180HP. I agree with you about the handling though. I loved the way my probe handled the curves. pretty much better then our Zs

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.