ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, newbie here just bought my 1st z. Feeling the pains of having my car spend the 1st 3 weeks in the shop and paying more for parts and labor than i did for the car, but if you want to have a car that's gonna last you have to be willing to make sure things are right. Way I figure I can come out ahead as long as my car lasts 3 years. Anyway, I fixed my non functional cruise control thanks to reading posts on this board-was rubber grommet on brake pedal-now i'm moving on to head light. I found when i bought the car that the passenger side high beam wasn't functioning. I had two new sylvannia silver star installed and found that it still wasn't working. Checked the fuses in the fuse panel and have found none that are defective. the low beam and little driving light seem to work fine. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
321 Posts
The answer is here if you search. It is a very common problem. You will find if you don't at least search before asking questions people will scream at you and such.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thx guys- I did find it and even found a great link with pictures. The steering wheel puller kinda scares me off a bit. But I'll pretty much have to take the steering wheel off to fix/replace the switch anyway.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Be advised that it is indeed ...headlight switch.

Hopefully you do not have an 89 Z. If so you will NEVER find the switch. Nissan dosen't make it and nobody has it. Don't listen to anybody dealer or private shop that says they can get the switch. You order will never come in.

You will need to order the whole stalk assembly from an earlier Z..pre 89.
$100 bucks or so...

I picked one up from the Z Barn. They were very familiar with this problem.

Pre 89 headlight switches are available. The 89 is the only year that has this problem.

·
Registered
321 Posts
You can usually remove the stearing wheel without a puller. Losten the nut (don't remove) and put some muscle into it. Most of the time it works then you don't need to purchase a puller and if it don't nothing lost.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.