ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sometimes when im just cruisng (normally hapens when im in first or second or the first to second transition) kick in the clutch and the reves stay there for a second then slowly drop

- throttel cable isnt getting stuck checked all that - could it be the throttel body?

also my car makes this constent squeel almost like the turbo spooling but not quite sounds more like a belt - dosent do it at idel but a littel higher in the rpm range and it is rpm dependent - when rpms are higher its louder or higher and as they drop it gets lower or less noise making

i think this may have something to do with the PS pump because when i did the timming belt i accedtly loosed the big brass looking nut on top and all the ps leaked out and it ran a few seconds befor i turned it off and retighted it and added fluid - ever since then it has made the kinda squeeling noise almost turbo spooling noise - think a bearring or something went bad in the ps pump or could it be a timming belt thing?

- timming issue
says set timming at 15 degrees advaced - well when its set 15 advanced it idels perfect and runs smooth but makes absolutly no power at all - hear the turbo spooling - gauge is showing good boost but it dose nothing - dosent feel like your getting anythgin out of the turbo

- right now i have the timming set at about 25 or 30 and it idels a hair rough but it feels right power wise turbo starts spooling and you get all the extra power and there is no pining or anything runs smooth?

- also when i had my old clutch in - i couldent shift to second hard because it would just grind and make all kinds of noise - would sometimes but rarely do it in third as well - i figured just the gay t5 syncros gouing out

now with the new clutch it only sometimes dose it and its more when im just cruising and the reves are like 2-3500 and will happen in third and 4th and had it happen in 5th once ( havent drivin it that much since the new clutch) - its not really hard to shift it just makes alot of noise and feels wrong but if im in higher rpms and hit second a littel hard it works perfect most of the time
- could it be the clutch not fully disengaging and i just need to adjust the pedal some - or what about the slave cylinder or dampner - they seem to work and i bled them?

just wondering what you guys may think the cause of these are

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
Re: reves down slow when clutch in - timming issue + squeeling n

ok, it sounds like your clutch is slipping when you give it lots of gas between shifts. This means that you need to adjust the clutch pedal. Since the new clutch is thicker than the old clutch and it likely has a spring with more force you'll have to adjust the master cylinder up under the dashboard and bleed the clutch.

Bleed the clutch first. make sure there is no air.

Try shortening the push rod length by loosening the lock nut and using needle nose pliers to turn the flat spot on the shaft. Just a couple of turns clockwise will shorten the length just a bit. now bleed the clutch and go test the car out. If that doesn't work, you're gonna have to actually adjust the travel distance of the clutch pedal and bring it out like half an inch or so. That is a big pain in the ass so hopefully you can adjust it til it works.
If your situation is anything like mine, with the stock clutch you're master cylinder adjustment is almost all the way to the end of the rod. Now mines got almost half an inch of sticking out.

If you have no idea what I mean you'll get it as soon as you look up at the shaft from the master cylinder under your dash that connects to the clutch pedal...

Once you get it where you want it, bleed it again just to be safe.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.