ZCar Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am seriously trying to restore this beauty for car shows. She's not old enough for all shows, but the ones I can put her in I would love to. What I'm wondering is suggestions of do's and dont's. I may have no choice but to repaint, if I can't find the mist blue drivers side mirror housing. I found the paint, but alot say don't. The original owner when he took her in didn't care, but whomever jacked it up bent the frame. I was told that would count against points, and I can't replace because of chalk marks made by factory. If those are gone it hurts as well. So I have a car, that needs parts replaced, possibly new paint, but oem paint. Alot of negativity to my restoration. Does anyone who has done car shows have opinions of what helps, and what doesn't?
PHP:

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm not sure but I thought the only time factory markings mattered were for a concurs type restoration and showing.
I would say decide the level of restoration you want to do. And decide the type of shows you want to enter. Are you wanting to do complete stock/factory by the numbers restore? Or a modified car?
I'm sure you could possibly find some guidelines somewhere online for the type of resto and shows you'd like to work towards.
Good luck! And always have fun with it. That's what counts!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts