ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best way to restore a 1980 280zx gl model? If you have a picture of a really good origional everything car...E-mail it to me! I need to know what the interior of an origional looks like, knobs, buttons, colors, ect. The exterior looks fine. Thanks alot for your help.

Ray

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
> What is the best way to restore a 1980 280zx
> gl model? If you have a picture
> of a really good origional everything
> car...E-mail it to me! I need to know what
> the interior of an origional looks like,
> knobs, buttons, colors, ect. The exterior
> looks fine. Thanks alot for your help.

> Ray
Hey ray I don't have pics but i would appreciate any tips on how to begin the body restoration of my 1980 280ZX.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
> Hey ray I don't have pics but i would
> appreciate any tips on how to begin the body
> restoration of my 1980 280ZX.
Hey. First what I did was wash it down so I could clearly see what I needed to repair. If it is parts you need for the outside, I would recomend purchasing a few guides. (www.JCWhitney.com is a good site) I have something for the interior from Motorsport Auto. It is a GREAT DETAILED Mag that lets me order parts for the interior, motor, and ground effects. That is another thing, Aero Kits can
be used to cover up a few dings you might have on the bottom. Unless you really really wanted to, I wouldn't do the work myself. If you have a good
body shop in town that you trust or even better a professional body shop that may cost a little, look into it. You want the Z car to be as origional as pobbible. I will keep you informed in what I get and you do the same for me. Bye for now.
Ray

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.