ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I appreciate this forum's enthusiasm in helping us enhance and improve this website. The recent requests posted here for a forum FAQ on how to post links, images, etc. are being considered, and we would like your help.

If you all will compile a list of tips that you think should be in a ZCAR.com site FAQ, please post them in this thread.

Derek and I will assemble the FAQ and post it upon completion.

Again, thank you for your good suggestions.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
My initial thought would be, why reinvent the wheel? Put a link under each listing, i.e.

70-83 Forum
70-83 FAQ/Tech Doc's
84-89 Forum
84-89 FAQ/Tech Doc's
90-96 Forum
90-96 FAQ/Tech Doc's
etc., etc.

Then have the FAQ/Tech Doc's link to existing ones, including at the top of the page how to basics on posting, etc. Links to tt.net FAQ/Auto FAQ, etc. Why create a new FAQ/Doc section when other excellent ones already exist. Then as members here create worthy articles put links to them on that page.

Just thinking out loud.....

That is all....

·
Registered
48 Posts
Mods-

Thanks for a great site! Yes, how to post images and how to create a link would be good. Also, how to search and why to search. Perhaps a list of common abbreviations (BOV, MAS, catback, etc.) would help newcomers.

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Keep in mind this is only a Posting FAQ and not a Tech FAQ. The existing Tech FAQ will remain as it is.

How to post links, images, forum tips/tricks or anything that you can think of that would be helpful for a person not used to a forum environment is acceptable.

·
Registered
443 Posts
My suggestion would be allow the members of the forum to host the images in on the zcar.com server.

+ easy for members to post images

+ images will not stop being hosted at random.

- space requirement.

·
Registered
6,813 Posts
My list for a FAQ:

- Posting Pictures
- Posting Links
- Contacting Moderators
- My Profile (I know it's at the page bottom, just makes it easier to find here too).
- Maybe something about some common html coding for simple things. Underline, bold,etc.
- Throw in the Search link too!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.