ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much should I expect to pay somebody (or how many hours of labor does it take) to do the remove and replace the gear ring and resurface the flywheel?

Are there any special instructions I need to provide the people doing the work?

I would be supplying the gear ring and giving them the flywheel. No labor for installation.

Once I get the flywheel back, I'll need to store it for 3 months. What's the best way to do that so the surface will still look like new?

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
You can do the ring gear your self. Using a cold chisel and hammer ,work your way around it by hammering it off. When you put the new one on , my wife loves this part, put the flywheel in the freezer for an hour. Using a propane torch heat up the ring gear evenly all the way around, it just has to be hot, not red hot. Then you should be able to hammer it back on with out much trouble, just work your way around it gradually. Also make sure the bevel on the gears face away from the flywheel, towards the starter.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I paid $25.00 fo a guy at the local machine shop to resurface my fly wheel.
To keep it in perfect condition for 3 months while not using it, wrap it up in an old towel and lay it under your bed. it should keep the fly wheel free from moisture.
hope this helps
-GoesZoom-

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.