ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Replacement injectors for 88 non turbo 300zx

540 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  1sikZ 
#1 ·
Hello all,
I'm in need of replacement fuel injectors for my sick 300zx. It's already had the safety campaign replacement done so no luck there. I can't replace them all new or even remanufactured at the price so I'm looking for used. BTW, if anyone has some, I am interested. But, a few questions.

First, can I replace my stock injectors with turbo injectors since that's about all I seem to find for sale used, including Ebay)? Not trying to upgrade...just trying to get what fits.

Second, would it be easier to find injectors attached to the rail already to make it easier to replace (I'm going to try it myself...)?

Third, if I replace the whole rail with a used one from say, a 84-89 (but the injectors don't leak), and it's the pre-safety campaign one, is that really that bad?

Anything anyone could offer as far as tips would be great too. Thanks.

Zladyd

#6 ·
replacing your injectors with turbo injectors would require you replace your ECU with a turbo ECU matching the injectors.

you should be replacing the fuel line between the rail and the injectors anyway before you put them in, so no, finding them on the rail wouldn't make it easier, per se.

your best bet is to wait to find a set of NA injectors. if you didn't already post one, post a wanted ad over on z31.com. there are lots of guys who do the NA to turbo swap, freeing up their old injectors regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.