ZCar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1979 Datsun 280zx base manual
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm trying to find some replacement hose that connects this hard line that runs in front of the engine. According to this diagram, I believe it's called the external bypass? I was able to find a hose for the bottom piece that connects this to the t-fitting near the water inlet but nothing for the other end.

Can I just buy another of those hoses and use it for the other side? Or is there some size/type of generic hose that I can use since I will probably need to replace similar hoses elsewhere?

Thank you for the help in advance!
Automotive tire Tire Tread Motor vehicle Automotive design
Audio equipment Circuit component Font Engineering Electronic instrument

Link for hose that I found for hose that connects bottom part to t-fitting near the water inlet:

·
Registered
1975 280Z 2+2
53 Posts
I could be wrong, . . . but I believe that hose is a 5/8" hose, or 1/2" hose and you can hit eBay and find a bunch of 5/8 elbows and use them. To put this differently, You have the hose off now, go to a good old auto parts store and ask if they have this hose and a 90 degree elbow fitting, and you can get the small amount of hose and connect to both sides of the elbow ? Heater hose comes in a lot of different sizes, as do elbows. if you have access to a micrometer you can determine what size you need. . . . This doesn't have to be a Nissan only kind of part !

·
Registered
208 Posts
If it doesn’t have to original, then like Tango said most auto parts stores should have assorted 90’s in stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1975 280Z 2+2
53 Posts
But to be clear, I'd stick with a copper 90 rather than a plastic elbow, both are easy to find and will do the job fine. And like I said, (I'm not going out to the garage to check) but I'm pretty sure it's either 5/8' hose but it could be 1/2' heater hose. Again very easy to find at any small or large chain auto parts stores. ;)

·
Registered
1975 280Z 2+2
53 Posts
If for some reason the hose turns out to be 1/2" hose and you find trouble fitting it on the Elbow, Boil a pan of hot water and dunk the one end into the heated water then slip in on the 90 degree elbow. Works every time ! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts