ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to replace the stock headlamps with some custom ones.

Will a standard sealed beam (i.e. 6052) fit/work or is the sealed beam on a 280zx a unique design/size?

Thanks!

Bob A.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
787 Posts
It's just a regular round low/high beam headlight.

> I want to replace the stock headlamps with
> some custom ones.

> Will a standard sealed beam (i.e. 6052)
> fit/work or is the sealed beam on a 280zx a
> unique design/size?

> Thanks!

> Bob A.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I thought. But... as I have found out sometimes I think wrong.

Bob A.

> It's just a regular round low/high beam
> headlight.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,544 Posts
On my 280ZX 81 when you hit that check thing or after you start the car it always blinks headlights...:( my headlights are both working so i don't know whats up anyone have a clue? and how can i make my front lights brighter ? do i buy a new light bulb thing or change the whole thing? since you guys are on this topic
thanks
yuichi
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
> On my 280ZX 81 when you hit that check thing
> or after you start the car it always blinks
> headlights...:( my headlights are both
> working so i don't know whats up anyone have
> a clue? and how can i make my front lights
> brighter ? do i buy a new light bulb thing
> or change the whole thing? since you guys
> are on this topic
> thanks
> yuichi
I just replaced both headlights on my 80 280ZX with super halogen bulbs from NAPA. They stock them and they cost about $15 apiece. They also have a cheaper halogen bulb for about $5 as well as stock bulbs. The ones I used are MUCH brighter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
> On my 280ZX 81 when you hit that check thing
> or after you start the car it always blinks
> headlights...:( my headlights are both
> working so i don't know whats up anyone have
> a clue? and how can i make my front lights
> brighter ? do i buy a new light bulb thing
> or change the whole thing? since you guys
> are on this topic
> thanks
> yuichi

My 79 does the same thing, the tester light thingamjigger always blinks headlights also, but my lights are bright and work just fine... Dont understand either, but oh well, as long as they work
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Assuming your warning display works for everything but the headlights I would guess that the headlamp sensor is malfunctioning. That's the little box mounted on the right fenderwell at the front immediately behind the washer fluid tank.

Now on the brightness issue, if they are kinda a dim yellow color as opposed to bright white, I would suspect a bad ground. Check your ground wires for good clean, tight, connections.

Hope this helps.

Bob A.

> On my 280ZX 81 when you hit that check thing
> or after you start the car it always blinks
> headlights...:( my headlights are both
> working so i don't know whats up anyone have
> a clue? and how can i make my front lights
> brighter ? do i buy a new light bulb thing
> or change the whole thing? since you guys
> are on this topic
> thanks
> yuichi
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I meant behind the coolant recovery tank not the washer fluid tank. (I shouldn't try to post after my bedtime!)

Bob A.

> Assuming your warning display works for
> everything but the headlights I would guess
> that the headlamp sensor is malfunctioning.
> That's the little box mounted on the right
> fenderwell at the front immediately behind
> the washer fluid tank.

> Now on the brightness issue, if they are
> kinda a dim yellow color as opposed to
> bright white, I would suspect a bad ground.
> Check your ground wires for good clean,
> tight, connections.

> Hope this helps.

> Bob A.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,026 Posts
> It's just a regular round low/high beam
> headlight.
C'mon fellas, This is a no brainer here. You have
regular round headlights with low&high beams combined. OK> Now For the THINGAMAJIGGER in the dash. That checks all the systems that show up when it flashes. If it flashes each item once and then goes blank everything is OK. If the square stays red then push the button and the item(s) that need attention will flash a few times. If headlamps flash You have a problem with your headlights. If radiator flashes, it needs to be filled. etc, etc, got it?
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top