ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought that yall might like to know that chrysler said that its no longer interested in buying into nissan and now a company called Renault(never heard of them) wants to buy a 33% share of nissan. JUST FYI
JZ
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
> Just thought that yall might like to know
> that chrysler said that its no longer
> interested in buying into nissan and now a
> company called Renault(never heard of them)
> wants to buy a 33% share of nissan. JUST FYI
> JZ

Renault is a french company that is big in Europe. They are involved in racing. They made a few cars that they imported to the US, but thier quality and reliability was suspect. Their most famous car was the La Car. I don't know what this means for Nissan, but I could think of other companies I'd rather purchase them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
403 Posts
> Renault is a french company that is big in
> Europe. They are involved in racing. They
> made a few cars that they imported to the
> US, but thier quality and reliability was
> suspect. Their most famous car was the La
> Car. I don't know what this means for
> Nissan, but I could think of other companies
> I'd rather purchase them.

I know exactly what all this means for Nissan. It means that instead of buying a new Z we'll be buying a new Le Z. Renault pulled out of the US because they didn't sell much (mainly because they were sh*tty cars that were unreliable) I think they're kinda like the french equivalent of the old Chrysler (as in Junk) Now if BMW or VW/Audi were to buy Nissan that would kick ass.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
358 Posts
Re: Renault-Nissan: not bad

> I know exactly what all this means for
> Nissan. It means that instead of buying a
> new Z we'll be buying a new Le Z. Renault
> pulled out of the US because they didn't
> sell much (mainly because they were sh*tty
> cars that were unreliable) I think they're
> kinda like the french equivalent of the old
> Chrysler (as in Junk) Now if BMW or VW/Audi
> were to buy Nissan that would kick ass.

Actually the american view of Renault it way off. Sure, the Le Car sucked, BADLY, but the have made great cars, and the cars they are making now are world class. Reading a magazine one night I saw a short news thing about Renault's consideration of coming back to the US market. We'll have to wait and see. Check out one of the euroupean mags (NOT euro lowrider, real publications!) and you'll see a Renault in it, they are good cars. Now as for them purchasing a large share of Nissan, I think that would be great too, they need someone's help. If it happens you'll probably see the money needed to create a real Z successor. Not another Z32, but a real Z, unlike that **** concept thing.
FWIW
Anthony
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107,695 Posts
RENAULT-NISSAN ---SHAME TO BE IGNORANT

ANTHONY IS RIGHT, AND renault is in my opinion one of the top 5 car & engine manufucturers in the world.
They have dominated the formula 1 grand pix in the 80's and 90's. Not to mention F1 champions for 6 straight years 92-97. Also Renault is the company that brought back the Turbo in the late 70's both in racing and in production cars. If I remeber correctly only the 911 had a turbo back then in a production car. Yeah the Le Car sucked....but so do most european cars here. take for example the M3 with 240HP, but 321 HP in europe, not to mention the 3 oil pumps (for correct flow during acceleration braking and cornering) in europe compare to the single one here, or even the fact that the M3 here has no variable valve timming.
So remember that the Le Car in Europe had dominated every Rally for years, and as it was called in Europe, Renault 5turbo, had 145HP out of a 1.4 engine with 7 seconds 0-62 (yeah that is the same horse power from a 280ZX of the same year.....assuming it an 82 or 83 otherwise it is moore horse from half the engine size). I am not even gonna talk about the legendary Renault 5turbo ALPINE with 200+ Horses and flared fenders. (By the way the engine was behind the front seat.....yes on the Le Car)
ANd sure you can find them in the Dupond registry, some did make it here........ I woulg guess for an 82 about $5-7000.
I just wish I don't hear again something in the terms I've never heard of Renault
I would race any car in the $20-25,000 range with a renault MEGANE 16V turbo
Or even better with the new generation of Le Car the CLIO Williams with technology straight out of the Formula one engine.
So yes it will be a big plus for nissan ....since their engines and cars seem to SUCK in the last 3-4 years.......except for the skyline ofcourse !!!!!!
PS: I hope you are all familiar with Citroen (2CV especially) or Peugeot (like 205 Rally...etc)

> Actually the american view of Renault it way
> off. Sure, the Le Car sucked, BADLY, but the
> have made great cars, and the cars they are
> making now are world class. Reading a
> magazine one night I saw a short news thing
> about Renault's consideration of coming back
> to the US market. We'll have to wait and
> see. Check out one of the euroupean mags
> (NOT euro lowrider, real publications!) and
> you'll see a Renault in it, they are good
> cars. Now as for them purchasing a large
> share of Nissan, I think that would be great
> too, they need someone's help. If it happens
> you'll probably see the money needed to
> create a real Z successor. Not another Z32,
> but a real Z, unlike that **** concept
> thing.
> FWIW
> Anthony
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top