ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to remove my driver's side seat to get at some rust (cancer). My service manual is somewhat lacking in instruction. Can anyone lend some advice? Should the seat be moved forward, back or what. Are any special tools required or just the usual wrenches? Any advice would be welcome. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
if the seats are like my 280ZX....just a socket wrench...unbolt the four corners, lift the seat and POP it's out.
sometimes the bolts are hidden under a flap of carpet

matty

·
Registered
98 Posts
Its fairly easy, you will have to move it back to get the front bolts out and all the way forward to get the rear ones out. Watch for any wires when removing, if there are some just disconnect them and remove seat. It's been a while since I had any out but I think there are only 4 bolts, 2 infront 2 in back.
GOOD LUCK
Brett

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<b>RE: Removing Seats - Easy or Hard?</b>

Thanks for the advice - 4 nuts removed and the seat came out. Unfortunatly- the rust I was worried about was more extensive than I originally saw. Several more holes located behind and under the seat. Since I don't have the $ to replace floor pans, does anyone have experince with fiberglass patches. I work in a composites lab so material and resin are no problem

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.